Party Planner: Using Trays

One of my favorite quick & easy ways to make anything in the home look pulled together is putting items on a tray. Whether its jewelry & perfume bottles on a nightstand or your remotes & books on a coffee table, a tray instantly makes your knick knacks look intentional.

When hosting a party you have a lot of stray items to put out & grouping them on a tray makes your tables look much cleaner. Plus its much easier to bring those items out & quickly get them out of the way!

1/2

You can put anything on a tray but I really like using them for silverware & plates, since those items can look the messiest on an otherwise nicely plated table. Or your bar items, including your liquor & bar utensils.

The best part about trays is that you can break them out when you have people over & then either put store them until the next party or use them around the house. Great for parties & everyday living!

Here are some of my favorites, from brightly colored patterns to rustic wood:

1. west elm hammered metal tray|2. pottery barn paros tray|3. jonathan adler tray from design darling|4. z gallerie oxford serving tray|5. crate & barrel butari grand tray|6. ikea round patterned tray|7. royola pacific designs teal wood tray|8. z gallerie orange round tray|9. crate & barrel marimekko tray|10. west elm metal-wrapped wood tray

What do you like to use trays for?

Advertisements

About The Yuppie Files

Blogger at The Yuppie Files, aiming to bring a little style to everyday life.
This entry was posted in Crate & Barrel, Design Darling, Entertaining, Pottery Barn, Shopping, West Elm. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Party Planner: Using Trays

1. Elizabeth says:

I love using trays for jewelry. I got each of my bridesmaids a small monogrammed silver tray for that purpose and they all still use them. I love your picks!

2. that adler tray has been on my wishlist forever!

a peek of chic

3. Elena says:

Beautiful trays, llove the #9-super adorable!
    Xo
    Elena

4. pretty pink tulips says:

Hi Kellie!
    Sorry I’ve been away visiting family. LOVE your new blog look. It’s really sharp!!

I am always clustering things on trays. In the kitchen, on my desk, in the bathroom.

Love the cute photo of you and your hubbie looking All American!
    Hope you’re soaking up the last weeks of summer before school starts again!
    xoxo Elizabeth

5. LOVE your choice of trays! so fabulous! xx

6. Kate says:

I use trays everywhere in my apartment. They add a little something while helping with clutter

7. Ruth says:

Number 7 has to be my favorite one

8. recipeforabeautifullife says:

I love using trays to entertain and decorate! We just picked up a few beautiful silver trays for our bar area at an estate sale. All they needed was a little polish!