Monday Musings

I am back from Portland, Maine & except for how I imagine winters being up there I am about ready to move! Definitely a hidden gem on the East Coast but I’ll post more about that next week, when I have some time to go through my photos.

via

After a crazy week there was nothing better than getting away for the weekend with friends, eating my way through a new city (including my daily lobster roll), & ending a fantastic time in Portland with a massage. I pretty much passed out on the plane & may need some stretchy pants for all that lobster but I was up early today & ready to tackle the week.

Unfortunately, I need to figure out other ways to relax from crazy weeks besides going on mini-vacations, though I wouldn’t protest it!

So what I took from this weekend is that even at home I need to explore new parts of my city, especially the food, & pamper myself with spa-like activities, even if its at home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are your favorite ways to get over a hectic week? I’m looking for suggestions that do not include airfare!

Advertisements

About The Yuppie Files

Blogger at The Yuppie Files, aiming to bring a little style to everyday life.
This entry was posted in Blogging. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Monday Musings

1. I just recently started taking bubble baths this year! I add lavender oil, light up a few candles and just lay there. So so so nice I tell you!

2. Karen Albert says:

Some kind of pampering, giving your self a facial and then climbng into the bubble bath laced with an essential oil. A day of simply reading and relaxing with a new book and cup of tea or glass of wine1

The 2012 Artist Series featuring Designer and Paper Artist Anita Rivera…(of Castles Crowns and Cottages)is on my site, please stop by! Her work is amazing!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

3. recipeforabeautifullife says:

When the weather is nice I like to go on long walks in pretty neighborhoods. It’s very calming and great exercise!

4. Jess says:

Giving myself a full manicure (cuticle oil, base + top coats, etc.) and reading a book in between coats is one of my favorite ways to decompress. Also, scheduling a Skype date with a close friend, going to the movies with my boyfriend, and going for walks always helps too. It’s nice to slow down and appreciate the little things!

5. Glitterista says:

I love Portland! Sounds like a great weekend away. I love a new book, some old movies, mani/pedis, clean fresh bedding for sleeping in, a luxurious dinner cooked at home, or a fun craft after a crazy week. 😉

6. kathleenlisson says:

7. kathleenlisson says:

I pop on a sunhat and glasses and go out for a cocktail and appetizer at one of the restaurants with a view of the Hudson River. Alternatively, we enjoy cocktails on the back deck – sparkling wine and mango juice with fresh cute fruit to snack on. I hope these tips help!

8. Fun! I’ve always wanted to visit Portland, Maine! I agree – it seems like it would be an amazing place to live, minus the arctic winters 🙂 After a hectic week, I love to enjoy a good brunch with mimosas, and then spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing outside with magazines or a good book. Quiet time reading in the fresh air always help me recuperate!