First off, I’m very thankful to Poppy & Project Gadabout for featuring The Yuppie Files last week! I had a great time answering all the questions & hope you all learned a little more about me! Make sure to check out this week’s Gadabout, Alexandra from Things That Sparkle!
Now that spring has nearly arrived I cannot wait to start entertaining in our backyard. Nothing beats a casual get together in the nice weather!
One of my favorites is a wine tasting party- everyone brings over a bottle of their choosing for us all to try. There is minimal prep from the hosts, its a classier version of BYOB, & sipping wine on a warm spring night is perfection.
This can be a simple, improtu get together or if you want to make it a bit fancier here are some key parts:
1. Serving cheese is a must but these slate boards allow you to label the food without being too fussy.
2. These wine covers add a fun challenge & really make guests rely on their senses when tasting the wine.
3. Wine charms are a necessity because guests will mix them up. These are an adorable use of old wine corks that guests will love!
4. Chugging lots of wine is not the goal here… at least initially. (After a few bottles, I won’t judge.) But to start off these simple notepads will get everyone’s thoughts organized & allow them to remember what wine they actually enjoyed.
5. Simple, easy to make votives that go with the theme while still being sophisticated. (And practical- you’ll want to actually see the wine when it gets dark out!)