I’m gearing up for a weekend in “the city” and could not be more excited!
On my packing list are the following:
1. Comfy skirt/dress that will look stylish with sandals but also be comfortable to walk around the city in.
2. My trusty black ballet flats or comfy sandals. Because clearly teetering around on heels all day is not practical!
3. Large purse. While I’d love to have this bright yellow Kate Spade, I’m going to have to settle for what’s in my closet. But a large purse will hold anything you need: sunglasses, umbrella, camera, extra sweater. You never know in May what the weather will do!
4. Fancy dress or skirt. If you’re going to see a Broadway play you have to dress up! Its just so tacky to show up in jeans. And if you’re going out for dinner and drinks, you want to not scream “Hi I’m a tourist!”.
5. Roomy clutch. Again, I try to at least look stylish in such a stylish city. But seeing as how I’m a tourist, the clutch has to be able to fit a camera (just in case), some emergency makeup, hotel keys, etc.
We’ll see how the packing actually goes!